Pages from my journal #7

 December 7th JOURNAL TOPIC: [today's tune: "War" by Edwin Starr] In the background of Fahrenheit 451, there is a war looming.  I mention this because today is the anniversary of Pearl Harbor.  Before 9/11, Pearl Harbor was the deadliest attack on United States soil. Sadly, there are many examples of this sort of destruction throughout history.  Why do you think people resort to this type of violence?


I think they resort to violence because they have built up anger. They just choose to let out their anger in a violent matter. 


December 8th JOURNAL TOPIC: [today's tune: "Lose Yourself" by Eminem]
George Bernard Shaw was a famous author who wrote more than sixty plays and won a Nobel Peace Prize for his writing.  He was known for having a pretty sharp wit, and at some point he decided to take teachers down a peg by saying, "Those who can't do, teach." Shaw was dead wrong about me - I teach writing, and my latest book is coming out in February - but there are many different types of teachers out there, so I have two questions for you today:

1. If you could pick one teacher to do the work s/he assigns, who would it be?  Why?

2. What do you think is easier-- doing something well or teaching someone else to do it?  Why?

If I could choose a teacher it would be Dr. Preston I really enjoy his class. 
I think that teaching is easier because if you know exactly what you are teaching then I feel like teaching it how you learned it would be easy. 


December 9th JOURNAL TOPIC: [today's tune: "My Shot" (from the musical Hamilton) by Lin Manuel Miranda]
If you could interview one person (living, dead, or in the future), who would it be? Why? What would you ask?

If I could interview someone I think it would be my dad. I would interview him because i would like  to know how his childhood was because he had to go through things I didn't have to go through. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essay Fahrenheit 451

Final Reflection Essay